(Extra-6)Types of Sentences


1.       Simple
I love English
2.       Compound
Contain 2 or more simple sentences (I love English but I love Arabic more)
3.       Complex
1 independent clause + 1 or more dependent clauses
(I love English because it is an easy lingo
4.       Compound-complex
2 or more independent clauses and 1 or more dependent clauses (I love English because it is an easy lingo and I love Arabic more because it is the lingo of the Kuran)
5.       Imperative
For commands, requests, orders, with pronoun you always implied (Please open the door)
6.       Declarative
For simple statement ( I love English)
7.       Exclamatory
Emphasis (Wow! Kuran is the best book)
8.       Interrogative
9.       Subject-auxiliary inversion
The movement of the auxiliary is to proceed the subject (Do you love English?)
10.   Conditional
Used if condition is met (If you read Koran, your IQ shall increase)
11.   Optative
Wishes (God save you)
12.   Negative
  I don’t like slimey beings




Popular posts from this blog

86. Landscape of the Soul(15)(HS1st Yr)

66. The Ailing Planet(31) HS1st Yr

83. My Impressions of Assam(15)(HS1st Yr)