96. Determiners(100)(HS1st/TDC 1st/AEC101)

Types of determiners:-
Articles-a, an,  the 
Demonstrative- this,  that,  these,  those.
Possessive -my,  our,  your,  his,  her,  its, their,  one's
Definite numbers- one,  two,  three, first,  last,  third  etc
Indefinite numerals or quantifiers  -some,  any,  no,  all,  both,  much,  many,  few,  less,  several,  little, a lot of,  most,  most of,  enough. 
Distributives -each, every,  either,  neither, both,  all,  half, 
Interrogatives- what,  which,  whose.
Possessive proper nouns-Mariam's, India's,  Mrs. Bannerjee's,  Ahmed's.
Pre-determiners-not really,  indeed,  both,  all,  quite,  such,  rather,  half,  twice, double
Intensifiers-What, quite,  rather, such. 
Fractions -of
Cardinal numbers-1,2,3,5,10
Ordinal -first,  second,  third.




1. She is an NCC Cadet. 
2. Every minute of our life is precious. 
3. They weren't many apples on the tree. 
4. Only a few students appeared in the exam. 
5. I need the little money I have. 
6. The teacher gave us much advice.
7. He is a man of few days words. 
8. Give me some sugar. 
9. An umbrella is a useful thing.
10. I was in Italy for some years. 
11. The rose is the sweetest of all flowers. 
12. Don't waste the time you have. 
13. Few men are free from faults. 
14. There isn't any money in the pocket. 
15. We enjoyed the one-act play last night. 
16. A busy person has little time to waste. 
17. We found the house without much difficulty. 
18. He is a honest man. 
19. She doesn't have much/any money left. 
20. I can't give you any money now.
21. Has she got (any) friends?
22. (Most) children love chocolates.
23. (Most of) the shops are closed on Sundays.
24. (Much of) philosophy is concerned with life after death.
25. (None of) my friends smoke or drink.
26. (All of or All) his ideas are weird.
27. I had invited (all of) them to my wedding party.
28. (Neither of) these keys opens the door.
29. You may take (either of) these shirts.
30. (Both or both of) my parents avoid sugar.
31. I would like to ask (a few) questions.
32. I didn't find (anyone)  there. 
33. Only (a few) politicians are really honest. 
34. (Someone)  agreed to come with me. 
35. She doesn't have (many) friends. 
36. I had (no one) to help me. 
37. I would like to find (some)  books on Arab literature. 
38. Does (anyone)  know that answer? 
39. There are (some)  birds on the tree. 
40. I don't have (many) shoes. 
41. They were bored because there was (little) to do. 
42. We invited (a few)  relatives only because of covid protocol. 
43. (Most)  of the cakes had been baked the day before.
44. Anita didn't take (many)  photos when she went on holiday. 
45. The teacher gave (each) of the students a piece of paper. 
46. Hiba had (no)  idea what the answer to the question was. 
47. I like (most of) the poems of Mahmoud Darwish.
48. (The) sun rises in the east. 
49. The doctor advised me to eat (an)  apple every morning. 
50. There aren't (many) students in the library. 
51. I haven't got (any) pictures in my house. 
52. She gave a piece of biscuit to (each) child. 
53. (These)  mangoes  are delicious. 
54. My father doesn't drink (much) tea. 
55. I always keep (some) money in my purse.
56. Give me (the) money I owe you. 
57. (My)  pen is not working properly. 
58. (What)  qualifications do you have? 
59. (Many) people do not care about wearing masks. 
60. Could you pour me (some) water? 
61. Only (a few) students understand how important this exam is. 
62. (Which) dress did you get for Id? 
63. (Those) cycles are not parked properly. 
64. (These) flowers are for sale. 
65. (The) story was not finished yet. 
66. He was looking for (an)  umbrella. 
67. She is (an) MA. 
68. The police raided (his) house. 
69. (What) goals do you have in your life? 
70. (None) of them could suggest a solution. 
71. (Two) people died in the accident. 
72. (A large amount of) water was used in the vegetable field. 
73. This college needs to secure (a lot of) good results to be regarded as the best in the district. 
74. There are (many)books in the library. 
75. Are there (any)  eggs in the basket? 
76. (A little) patience can bring great results. 
77. A bird in (the) hand is worth two in the bush. 
78. Where there is (a) will,  there is a way. 
79. Too (many) cooks spoil the broth. 
80. (Any) time means no time. 
81. Won't you have (some) tea? 
82. (My) name is Mariam. 
83. Please pass me (the) sugar. 
84. (This) room faces the east. 
85. I shut (Mariam's) door. 
86. Decimal system is (India's) gift to the world.
87. We saved (half) the curry for you. 
88. The students made (quite) a noise. 
89. He had (enough) crayons for drawing. 
90. (Ahmed's) cycle is parked outside. 
91. I stood (first) in the essay competition. 
92. (Four) eggs make a good cake. 
93. I need (an) MRI 
94. (My) best friend is genuine. 
95. (Whose) computer is it? 
96. I earn (double) my previous salary. 
97. (Such) a beautiful garden! 
98. Is there (any) news? 
99. (Her) mother is a doctor. 
100. It is (their) land.
101.

Popular posts from this blog

86. Landscape of the Soul(15)(HS1st Yr)

66. The Ailing Planet(31) HS1st Yr

83. My Impressions of Assam(15)(HS1st Yr)