100. Simple to Complex/vice versa(100)(HS1st/TDC1st/AEC101)

🔵Simple sentences have a subject and a predicate.
🔵They have independent clause or they have one independent clause.
🔵They can be converted into complex sentences by expanding a word or phrase.
🔵They have a subject,  a verb and a completed thought.
🔵They have three kinds of sentences, I. e.  Noun,  Adjective and Adverb clause.
🔵A complex sentence has one independent clause and at least one dependent clause.
🔵Complex sentences use subordinating conjunctions like-- because,  since,  until,  that,  which,  who, so, if & as. 

1. I like sweet dishes. 
Ans:- I like dishes which are sweet. 

2. I went to the function in the university.
Ans:- I went to the function which was in the University.

3. By studying hard, you will pass. 
Ans:- If you study hard,  you will pass. 
 
4. Seeing the teacher,  the students stopped making noise. 
Ans:- As the students saw the teacher,  they stopped making noise. 
Or, 
Since the students saw the teacher,  they stopped making noise. 
Or, 
The students stopped making noise when they saw the teacher. 

5. Bashir could not go to college due to his father's illness. 
Ans:- Bashir could not go to college because his father was ill. 

6. She pleaded for her innocence. 
Ans:- She pleaded that she was innocent. 

7. My mother is a hardworking woman. 
Ans:- My mother is a woman who is hardworking. 

8. My father knew Bashir. 
Ans:- My father knew who was Bashir. 

9. I prayed for your success. 
Ans:- I prayed so that you could get success. 
 
10. He confessed his crime.
Ans:- He confessed that he committed the crime. 

11. He bought his uncle's tea stall.
Ans:- He bought the tea stall which belonged to his uncle. 
 
12. She worked hard to pass the exam.
Ans:- She worked hard so that she could pass the exam. 

13. He was an outstanding writer. 
Ans:- He was a writer who was outstanding. 

14. I lost my brown shoes yesterday. 
Ans:- I lost the shoes yesterday which were brown. 

15. He is too weak to carry this heavy bag. 
Ans:- He is so weak that he cannot carry that heavy bag. 

16. Zarine waited for the regular bus.
Ans:- Zarine waited for the bus which was regular. 

17. The regular bus was late. 
Ans:- The bus which was regular was late. 

18. Zarine and Anita took the regular bus.
Ans:- Zarine and Anita took the bus which was regular. 

19. I saw a wounded lamb. 
Ans: I saw a lamb which was wounded. 

20. The girl sitting next to Ahmed is his daughter. 
Ans:- The girl who is sitting next to Ahmed is his daughter. 

21. I was the first to reach the office. 
Ans:- I was first who reached the office. 

22. We need a house to live in. 
Ans:- We need a house where we can live. 

23. She liked her former house. 
Ans:- She liked the house which was former. 

24. Your mother is the woman to solve this problem. 
Ans:- Your mother is the woman who solved this problem. 

25. He bought his uncle's factory.
Ans:- He bought the factory which is his uncle's. 

26. Do you know my office address?
Ans:- Do you know where my office address is?

27. Are you sure of her success?
Ans:- Are you sure that she will be successful? 

28. Tell the truth.
Ans:- Tell what the truth is? 

29. You will hear of my marriage soon.
Ans:- You will hear soon that I am marrying. 

30. She overheard all my remarks.
Ans:- She overheard what I remarked. 
 
31. Her father is not likely to punish her.
Ans:- It is likely that her father will not punish her. 

32. We expect to meet our relatives tonight.
Ans:- We expect that we will meet our relatives tonight. 

33. I do not believe the account given by him.
Ans:- I do not believe what account he gives. 

34. No one knows her.
Ans:- No one knows who she is. 

35. Her failure is proof of her carelessness.
Ans:- A proof of her carelessness is that she failed. 

36. Her success is due to her father's care.
Ans :- The reason that she is successful is due to her father's care. 

37. Tell me about your office address.
Ans:- Tell me what your office address is. 

38. The duration of my stay is 2 days.
Ans:-  The duration that I will stay is 2 days. 

39. She is certain of going to Delhi. 
Ans :- It is certain that she will go to Delhi. 

40. The girl sitting next to you is my daughter.
Ans:- The girl who is sitting next to you is my daughter. 

41. Can you tell me the road leading to the college? 
Ans: Can you tell me the road which leads to the college? 

42. Hard working students hate gossip and fashion. 
Ans:- The students who are hardworking hate gossip and fashion. 

43. Well behaved students respect their teachers. 
Ans:- The students who are well behaved respect their teachers. 

44. The evil done by us lives after us.
Ans:- The evil which is done by us lives after us. 

45. Yesterday this shopkeeper sold ten plastic jugs.
Ans:- Yesterday this shopkeeper sold ten jugs which were plastic. 

46. Please help these poor women.
Ans:- Please help these women who are poor. 

47. She was not a fit woman to tell a lie.
Ans:- She was not the fit woman who tells a lie. 
 
48. I was the first woman to hear the shocking news.
Ans :- I was the first woman who heard the shocking news. 

49. The prophet (s) fed water to a thirsty dog.
Ans: The prophet (s)  fed water to a dog which was thirsty. 

50. Mariam explained the reason for her absence. 
Ans :- Mariam explained the reason why she was absent. 

51. Borrowed garments never fit well.
Ans:- The garments that are borrowed never fit well. 

52. Give me some water to drink.
Ans:- Give me some water that can be drunk. 

53. I have found my lost slippers. 
Ans:- I have found the slippers which were lost. 

54. A burnt child dreads the fire. 
Ans:- The child who is burnt dreads the fire. 

55. I make a promise only to keep it. 
Ans:- I make a promise that I can keep. 

56. Wise women do not quarrel over small things. 
Ans:- The women who are wise do not quarrel over small things. 

57. A rolling stone gathers no moss. 
Ans:- The stone which is rolling gathers no moss. 

58. She is too young to do this work. 
Ans:- She is so young that she cannot do this work. 

59. I am too tired to teach. 
Ans:- I am so tired that I cannot teach. 

60. She is too lazy to succeed. 
Ans:- She is so lazy that she cannot succeed. 

61. I have come here to buy shoes.
Ans:- I have come here so that I can buy shoes. 
 
62. I have worked to the best of my ability. 
Ans:- I have worked as I have the ability. 

63. Come back at 6 O'clock.
Ans:- Come back when it is 6 O' clock. 

64. She failed to my great surprise.
Ans:- It was great surprise to me that she failed. 

65. With all her wealth she is not happy.
Ans:- Although she is wealthy,  she is not happy. 

66. She was too much excited to hear reasons.
Ans:- She was so excited that she could not hear the reasons. 

67. She works hard to earn money.
Ans:- She works hard so that she may earn money. 

68. We have come to help her. 
Ans:- We have come because we want to help her.  

69. I get up at sunrise. 
Ans:- We get up when the sun rises. 

70. The table is too heavy for me to lift up.
Ans:- The table is so heavy that I cannot lift it up. 
 
71. She is too old to run the race. 
Ans:- She is so old that she cannot run the race. 

72. The pole is too high for me to climb.
Ans:- The pole is so high that I cannot climb. 

73. She was too old to walk. 
Ans:- She was so old that she cannot walk. 

74. You are too good to be just a designer.
Ans:- You are so good that you cannot just be a designer. 

75. This is too good to be true.
Ans:- This is so good that this cannot be true. 

76. His writing was illegible. 
Ans:- He wrote in a way which was illegible. 

77. It is never too late to learn.
Ans:- It is never so late that one cannot learn. 

78. She heard about her mother's illness. 
Ans. She heard that her mother is ill.  

79. There is no sense in her statement. 
Ans:- There is no sense in what she says.

80. She pleaded her innocence. 
Ans: She pleaded that she was innocent.

81. She admitted her mistake.
Ans: She admitted that she had committed a mistake.

82. I do not know the writer to Anita.  
Ans: I do not know who wrote to Anita. 

83. He asked me the reason of my coming. 
Ans. He asked me why I come. 

84. I could not hear her statement. 
Ans. I could not hear what she said.

85. Tell me the reason for disobedience of your boss.  
Ans. Tell me why you disobeyed your boss. 

86. Her silence proves her guilt. 
Ans. Her silence proves that she is guilty. 

87. We hope a better time to come in the country. 
Ans. We hope that a better time will come in the country. 

88. Her absence was regretted. 
Ans. It was much regretted that she was absent. 

89. She remarked on the rudeness of the girl. 
Ans. She remarked how rude the girl was.

90. Tell me your residence.  
Ans. Tell me where you live. 

91. I am certain of her honesty.
Ans. I am certain that she is honest. 

92. Rabia has golden bangles. 
Ans:. Rabia has bangles which are made of gold. 

93. Rameez has an umbrella with a broken handle. 
Ans. Rameez has an umbrella which has a broken handle. 

94. I found the lost slippers. 
Ans. I found the slippers which were lost. 

95. Those good girls are loved by their parents. 
Ans. Those girls who are good are loved by their parents. 

96. You can take anything you like. 
Ans. You can take anything that you like.

97. The healthy do not require a doctor. 
Ans. Those who are healthy do not require a doctor. 

98. A lazy student never succeeds. 
Ans. A student who is lazy never succeeds.

99. All that glitters is not gold. 
Ans: All things which glitter is not gold. 

100. I have no money to spare.
Ans: I have no money which I can spare.

101. A rolling stone gathers no moss. 
A:- A stone that is rolling gathers no moss. 

Popular posts from this blog

86. Landscape of the Soul(15)(HS1st Yr)

66. The Ailing Planet(31) HS1st Yr

83. My Impressions of Assam(15)(HS1st Yr)