97. Modal Auxiliary(100)(HS1st yr)

Can, Could, /May, Might, /Will, Would, /Shall, Should, /Must, Ought to, /Must, Have to, /Used to/Need/am/dare/did/is/... are examples of Modal Auxiliary.
A Modal Verb indicates-ability, permission, request, capacity, suggestions, order, obligation, advice, possibility, intent, necessity, ....

Dare & Need can be both modal verb or main verb. When the sentence is interrogative then Dare or Need are in auxiliary or modal verb form.

Modals are auxiliary (helper) verbs. They are not the main verbs.

Modal Verbs are in first form (V1-Simple present tense in plural form. Verb is in plural form when s/es/ies... are NOT used) of the main verb in the sentence.

EXAMPLES OF ERROR-FREE MODAL AUXILIARY VERBS SENTENCES:-

1. I (can)run 2 miles each morning.
2. You (must) remain clean.
3. I (might) go to college tomorrow.
4. Do you think it (will) benefit us?
5. My dadi (could) read this prayer easily.
6. I (used to) bake cake well earlier.
7. I (ought to) be there before 9 O' clock. (Be-1st form)
8. You (may) eat with us.
9. I (would) love to go to Delhi again & again.
10. We (shall) overcome someday.
11. We (should) be working very hard.
12. We (have to) pray regularly.
13. I (need) to take care of my eyes.
14. I (am) a student.
15. Can we (dare) to destroy the environment!
16. The English department (did) great results this year.
17. It (is) better we overcome our fear of teachers.
18. She (should) go.
19. She (should) have gone. (Have-1st form)
20. She (must) sometimes have wanted to write the exam. (Have is 1st form verb)
21. Chandni's good behaviour (will) be highly appreciated.
22. Passengers (should) not smoke inside buses.
23. How (dare) you talk to elders like this?
24. You (need) not go to college today?
25. We are working hard so that we (could) bring success to the English department.
26. I went to doctor so that I (may) get medicines.
27. She expected that the problem (will) be solved.
28. I wished that she (would) prosper again like before.
29. She said that he (would) come.
30. She regretted that he (could) have come.
31. I (must) pay my loan. (Compulsion)
32. She (must) pay his dues before she can be allowed to sit at the examination. (Compulsion)
33. She (should) listen to what her parents say. (Moral duty)
34. We (can) play football. (Ability)
35. (May) I come in? (Permission)
36. When I was young, I (could) run faster. (Ability)
37. All candidates (must) bring their admit cards on the day of the examination. (Compulsion)
38. You (must) give up smoking at once.(can/must)
39. When I was young I (could) run a mile in five minutes.(should/could)
40. (Could) I have a glass of water?(might/could)
41. (May) I borrow your bicycle? (May/should)
42. She did not write to you, (did) he? (Did/didn't)
43. (Do) accept this little present. (Do/can)
44. I have eyes, so I (can) see. (Can/may)
45. When Lincoln was a boy, he (would) wander in the forest. (Should/would)
46. She said that it (might) rain that evening. (May/might)
47. She (can) go with you.
48. (Could) you give me an example?
49. I (shall) do what you suggested.
50. You (shall) not steal. (Command)
51. (Could) you spare sometime for me? (Polite request)
52. I (shall) meet you tomorrow. (Shall/will)
53. He (will) be ten next month. (Shall/will)
54. It (may) rain now. (Can/may)
55. You (should) consult a doctor. (Should/would)
56. She (can) speak Arabic well. (Can/Will)
57. Amina (must) be happy as usual during her holidays. (Certainty)
58. She (used to) walk every morning. (Past habit)
59. She (can) tackle all the problems. (Ability)
60. (Won't) you sit down? (Request in the Interrogative form)
61. Will Rameez dare Parvez to fight? (To challenge)
62. (May) God bless my daughter! (Wish)
63. We (should) love our Cachari Bangla language. (Obligation)
64. She (used to) walk every morning. (Past habit)
65. She said that she (might) not go to college the next day. (Possibility)
66. The classrooms (need) a new coat of paint. (Requirement)
67. She (must) be mad. (Certainity)
68. (May) I have your pen please? (Request in the Interrogative form)
69. This medicine (may) cure her. (Possibility)
70. Yes, you (can) come in. (Permission)
71. I (would) like to see the picture. (Wish)
72. I (would) like to see the picture. (Wish)
73. Her hair (used to) be black, but it is grey.
75. Students (should) obey their teachers.
76. If she (might) see me here, he will be annoyed. (Supposition)
77. We (need) books for our library. (Requirement)
78. We (ought to) love our neighbours. (Obligation)
79. (Will) you lend me your car? (Request in Interrogative form)
80. He (must) be in a bad mood as usual. (Certainity)
81. It (may) rain tomorrow. (Possibility)
82. I (can) swim across the river. (Ability)
83. You (might) well be right. (Strong possibility)
84. They (need) money to treat the baby. (Requirement)
85. (Would) you give me an example? (Polite question)
86. You (must) see a doctor at once. (Emphatic advice)
87. (Shall) I make a cup of coffee for you? (Offer)
88. (Could) you please pass on the message to her? (Polite request)
89. He (may) come back tonight. (Possibility)
90. You (should) take regular exercise. (Advice)
91. If it (may) rain, she will not come. (Supposition)
92. I have heard about the book, it (might) be worth reading. (Possibility)
93. She (used to) go out for a walk, but now she doesn't. (Past habit)
94. You are getting late, you (must) hurry up. (Compulsion)
95. (Could) you lend me your book? (Request in Interrogative form)
96. You (can) go now. (Permission)
97. (Could) you lend me your book? (Request in Interrogative form)
98. Samiya (can) speak Tamil fluently. (Ability)
99. You (will) know about it soon. (Simple futurity)
100. How (could) you be so unkind? (Surprise)
101.

Popular posts from this blog

86. Landscape of the Soul(15)(HS1st Yr)

66. The Ailing Planet(31) HS1st Yr

83. My Impressions of Assam(15)(HS1st Yr)