102. Dialogue Completion(30) HS1stYr

1. I said to him, "What are you doing? "(What/When).
He said, "I am writing."

2. I asked, "What are you doing, Irene?"
She replied, "I am writing a few essays as part of my preparation for the examination." (Preparing / preparation)

3. I said to her, "How are you?"(How/when)
She replied, "I'm fine. It's so nice to see you back in Sonai again. (Returned / back/ home)

4. She said to me, "Why are you late?"(why/where)
I replied,"I'm not late. It's 10.00 by my watch. (In/by)

5. I said to Ali, "How is your business going?" (How/what)
Ali replied, "Shall we meet later tonight to discuss it over dinner?" (Lunch/dinner)

6. I said to her, "What are you doing now?" (What/when)
She replied, "I am writing a few essays as part of my preparation  for the examination." (Preparation/preparation)

7. She said to me, "Where does the woman live?" (Where/how)
I said, "She lives near our Sonai bazar."

8. She said to me, "Why did you do it?"(do/done)
I said, "I have been asked to do so. "(So do, to do so)

9. The woman said to me, "Are you a student?" (Are/do)
I replied, "I was not."

10. I said to her, "What are you doing now?"
She replied, "I am stitching."

11. She said to her, "How are you?"
I am really excited about the trip. (About/on)

12. I have been to the place twice. (Twice/tomorrow)
She said, "Really! Then please tell us about it."(Rubbish/Really)

13. Mother said, "No, you cannot." (Cannot/calling)
I insisted, "I have to."(have to/have)

14. I said, "I had gone to Bangalore for two months. (From/for)
She said, "I was in Bangalore from January to July. (From/for)

15. I reminded, "All of us except my mother agreed." (Accept/except)
My sister said, "Mother is overcautious." (Overcautious / happy)

16. I said to my roommates, "How about the idea of studying all together?" (Studying all together / study her one)
Jennifer said, "No, I like to do self-study."(self study/ separate)

17. Doctor: " Just have one pill in the morning and one about 30 minutes before going to bed. "
Patient: "For how long? " (for how long/forever)

18. Shopkeeper: "Welcome to our store!"
Customer: "I want to buy a cake"(cake/wood)
Shopkeeper: "I have new cakes with shapes of aeroplanes." (made of aeroplanes/shapes of aeroplanes)
Customer: "Wow! I think my daughter will love it." (Love it/angry with it)

19. Riyajun:"Why did you give money to that beggar? "
Umme Salma: "Why shouldn't I? I can't walk away, ignoring him."
(Why shouldn't I/ Why couldn't I)

20. Rafi:"Sahab, Did you have a good trip? "
Sahab:"It was good. In fact I managed to sleep a bit."
Rafi: "Is that all your luggage?"
Ravi:"Yes. Wait a minute. The small bag is missing. I remember now. I must have left it at the shop inside the airport. "(I wrong now/I remember now)
Rafi:"Are you sure? We can ask the shop then. Which shop was it? "
(Are you sure/Are you see)

21. Wife:"If you don't hurry, we'll be late for the marriage. "
Husband : "There's plenty of time."(there's plenty of time/plenty time)
Wife:"Plenty of time? The marriage begins at sharp 4pm."
Husband:"It takes just fifteen minutes to get there. "
Wife:"Thank God!"(Thank God/look look)

22. Mercy: "Mariam, I'm having a get-together in my house on Thursday night. Are you free?"(Are you free/free)
Mariam:"I'm sorry Mercy. I won't be able to come. I promised my father that I will have dinner with him on Thursday night."

23. Amina: "Mother, I have something to tell you."
Mother:"What is it, Amina? "
Amina:"Promise me that you won't be angry. "

24. Raju:"Our college will be cerebrating 50 years soon. "
Friend :"Yes, I have heard. "(Heard/hear)

25. Neighbour A:"Mrs.Samad purchased a new washing machine."
Neighbour B:"Really! Which model!"(which model/where is it)

26. Nafisa:"Baba, I a'm in trouble. I'm in a bus and someone has stolen my bag. I don't know what to do. "(Has stolen /is Stealing )
Baba:"Oh! Have you called the police?"

27. Mariam :"That's because they never stop criticizing me. "
Nafisa:"Why don't you try telling them how you feel about it? " (feel about it/will feel)

28. Ali:"No, I'm okay. I can wait until the end of the meeting. "
Rafi:"I don't think so. You can't keep your eyes open. " (open eyes/eyes open)

29. Doctor:"Are you feeling better? "
Patient:"A bit better. But I am still weak. My legs tremble. "(Tremble/trifle)

30. Father:"Pray,study hard and control your tongue, Nafi. Leave the results to the Almighty."
Nafisa:"Thank you baba, for always reminding me of these facts of life. "(Reminding me/reminds me)

Popular posts from this blog

86. Landscape of the Soul(15)(HS1st Yr)

66. The Ailing Planet(31) HS1st Yr

83. My Impressions of Assam(15)(HS1st Yr)