107. Transformation of Sentences-4(25)Compound sentences(HS1stYr/HS2ndYr/HS2ndYrAltE/TDC1st/AEC101)

COMPOUND SENTENCE-CHARACTERESITICS

Use conjunction
Semi colon can be used too (19)
Atleast 2 independent clauses are there.
2 verbs are needed

1. The enemy fled as soon as they saw us.
A:- No sooner did the enemy saw us, then they fled.

2. Unless you work hard, you will fail.
Or
You must work hard to succeed.
A:- Work hard or you will fail.

3. Having done his work he left the place.
A:- He did his work and left the place.

4. If you try, you will succeed.
A:- Try and you will succeed.

5. He is tall and strong.
He is not only tall but also strong.

6. Coming home, he began to work.
A:- He came home and began to work.

7. Inspite of his wealth, he is unhappy.
A:- He is wealthy but unhappy.

8. Being guilty he went into hiding.
A:- He was guilty and went into hiding.

9. The old man sat in a corner, eating.
A:- The old man sat in a corner and ate.

10. Being lazy, he failed.
A:- He was lazy and failed.

11. She came here to see me.
A:- She came here and saw me.

12. Inspite of her hard work, the girl didn't succeed.
A:- The girl worked hard but she didn't succeed.

13. The teacher praised the girl for her diligence.
A:- The girl was diligent, so the teacher praised her.

14. Coming home she had lunch.
A:- She came home and had lunch.

15. Going to college I will write the notes.
A:- I will go to the college and write the notes.

16. Going to the college she will do the class.
A:- She will go to the college and do the class.

17. Besides being truthful the girl is intelligent.
The girl is not only truthful but also intelligent.

18. She must run fast to win the race.
A:- She must run fast or/otherwise she will not win the race.

19. I have a pet parrot. His name is Bullet.
A:- I have a pet parrot and his name is Bullet.
Or,
I have a pet parrot; his name is Bullet

20. The joke was funny and was on me.
A:- The joke was funny and it was on me.

21. Climbing up the tree, she plucked some mangoes.
A:- She climbed up the tree and plucked some mangoes.

22. Inspite of her poverty she is happy.
A:- She is poor but she is happy.

23. By her tasty cooking, the girl became popular with in-laws.
A:- The girl cooked tastily and thus became popular with in-laws.

24. Hilsa is a delicious fish. It's good for you too.
A:- Hilsa is a delicious fish and it's good for you too.

25. I want to lose weight. I eat chocolates.
A:- I want to lose weight, yet I eat chocolates daily.

Popular posts from this blog

86. Landscape of the Soul(15)(HS1st Yr)

66. The Ailing Planet(31) HS1st Yr

83. My Impressions of Assam(15)(HS1st Yr)