78. Long Narration (31) HS 2nd Yr

Long Narrations (PYQs)

1. "Boys," said the teacher to the students, "I shall never forget the love that you have given me." "Sir, you deserve it for the sacrifices you have made for our society," said the students.
A:- Addressing the students as boys, the teacher told them that he would never forget the love they had given him. The students replied respectfully that he deserved it for the sacrifices he made for their society.

2. The teacher said to the student, "Why are you silent? Speak out. Can't you hear?"
A:- The teacher asked the student why he was silent. He told him to speak out. He again asked him if he couldn't hear.

3. "I want to work for you," I said to Anil. "Can you cook?" Anil asked me.
A:- I told Anil that I wanted to work for him. Anil asked me if I could cook.

4. The traveller said, "Can you tell the way to the nearest inn?" "Yes", said the peasant.
A:- The traveller asked the peasant if he could tell him the way to the nearest inn. The peasant replied that he could.

5. Ramen said to his brother, "Do not run in the Sun." The brother said, "I shall be coming soon."
A:- Ramen told his brother not to run in the Sun. The brother replied that he would be coming soon.

6. Alexander said to Porus, "How do you desire to be treated?" He answered, "Like a king."
A:- Alexander asked Porus how he desired to be treated. He answered that he desired to be treated like a king.

7. The boys said, "Hurrah! We have all passed the test and we shall celebrate our success tomorrow."
A:- The boys exclaimed in joy that they had all passed the test and that they would celebrate their success the next day.

8. Reena said to the boy, "What's the matter? Why are you crying? Be cheerful."
A:- Reena asked the boy what the matter was and why he was crying. She also advised him to be cheerful.

9. The customer said, "Can I get a garden roller in this shop?" The assistant said, "Sir, you will get it in the hardware department."
A:- The customer inquired if he could get a garden roller in that shop. The assistant respectively replied that he would get it in the hardware department.

10. His mother said, "Alas! I have not a bit of bread to give you. You ate up all the provisions I had in the house yesterday."
A:- His mother exclaimed in sorrow that she had not a bit of bread to give him and that he had eaten up all provisions she had in the house the previous day.

11. The speaker said, "I thank you, ladies and gentlemen, for giving me a kind hearing. When I arrived here yesterday I did not believe that I might meet so large a gathering."
A:- The speaker thanked the ladies and gentlemen for giving him a kind hearing. He also added that when he arrived there the previous day he did not believe that he might so large a gathering.
Or,
Addressing them/the audience as ladies and gentlemen, the speaker thanked them for giving him a kind hearing. He also said that when he arrived there the previous day, he did not believe that he might meet so large a gathering.

12. The boy said to the teacher, "Sir, I am weak in English and seek your advice." "Read the text thoroughly and try to express your ideas in simple correct English, " said the teacher.
A:- The boy told the teacher that he was weak in English and sought his advice. The teacher advised him to read the text thoroughly and try to express his ideas in simple correct English.

13. My friend said to me, "I am very thirsty. Please give me a glass of water."
A:- My friend told me that he was very thirsty and requested me to give him a glass of water.

14. "How long do you have to wait for your train?" the woman asked me. "About an hour," I replied.
A:- The woman asked me how long I had to wait for my train. I replied that I had to wait about an hour.

15. I said to Ranjan, "Where does Neena live?" Ranjan said, "Sorry, I do not know."
A:- I asked Ranjan where Neena lived. Ranjan replied regretfully that he didn't know.

16. "Where do you go every Sunday?" I asked the girl. She replied, "I go to the church."
A:- I asked the girl where she went every Sunday. She replied that she went to the church.

17. The teacher said to Rumi, " Have you read the Bible?" She said, "No, I haven't."
A:- The teacher asked Rumi if she had read the Bible. She replied that she hadn't.

18. The lady said to the salesman, "What is the price of this Barbie doll?" The salesman said to her, "It is a bit expensive. But I can give it to you at a 20 percent discount."
A:- The lady asked the salesman what the price of that Barbie doll was. The salesman replied to her that it was bit expensive but he could give it to her at a 20 percent discount.

19. One day Mohan said to me, "I shall become a doctor and leave Assam." I said to him, "Do you know anything about medicine?"
A:- One day Mohan told me that he would become a doctor and leave Assam. I asked him if he knew anything about medicine.

20. "Why aren't you wearing chappals?" I ask one boy. "My mother did not bring them down from the shelf," he answers simply.
A:- I ask one boy why he isn't wearing chappals. He answers simply that his mother didn't bring them down from the shelf.

21. One day Mukesh said to me, "I shall be a motor mechanic and leave Firoza7." I said to him, "Do you know anything about cars?"
A:- One day Mukesh told me that he would be a motor mechanic and leave Firozabad. I asked him if he knew anything about cars.

22. Rajni said to her friends, "Are you ready to go with me?" "What is your intention?", said they.
A:- Rajni asked her friends if they were ready to go with her. They wanted to know what her intention was.

23. The boy said, "Let me get in please." But the teacher said, "No".
A:- The boy requested that he might be allowed to get in. But the teacher forbade him to get in.

24. I said to him, "How long you stay?" He replied, "for five days."
A:- I asked him how long he would stay. He replied that he would stay for five days.

25. The boy said to the teacher, "Excuse me, Sir. I will never do so again."
A:- The boy humbly requested the teacher to excuse him and added that he would never do so again.

26. "How long do you have to wait for your train?" the woman asked me, "About an hour," I replied.
A:- The woman asked me how long I had to wait for my train. I replied that I had to wait about an hour.

27. I said to Ranjan, "Where does Neena live?" Ranjan said, "Sorry, I don't know."
A:- I asked Ranjan where Neena lived. Ranjan replied regretfully that he didn't know.

28. The gentleman said to the salesman, "What is the price of the dictionary?" The salesman said to him, "It is a bit expensive. But I can give it to you at a 10 percent discount."
A:- The gentleman asked the salesman about the price of the dictionary, to which the salesman replied that it was a bit expensive. However he offered that a discount of 10 percent could be given to the gentleman.

29. I asked the lady where Professor Sharmah lived. The lady replied regretfully that she didn't know.
A:-  I asked the lady, "Where does Professor Sharmah live?" The lady said, "Sorry, I don't know."

30. The girl said to the teacher, "Madam, I am weak in English and seek your advice. The teacher said, "Read the text thoroughly and try to express your ideas in simple correct English."
A:- Addressing the teacher as Madam, the girl expressed that she was weak in English and sought the teacher's advice. The teacher advised the girl to read the text thoroughly and try to express her ideas in simple correct English.

31. "Let's buy some milk and prepare milkshake for us," said Aruna. "The milkshake we're drinking now is utterly tasteless."
A:- Aruna proposed to buy some milk and prepare milkshake for them. She added that the milkshake they're drinking then was utterly tasteless.

Popular posts from this blog

86. Landscape of the Soul(15)(HS1st Yr)

66. The Ailing Planet(31) HS1st Yr

83. My Impressions of Assam(15)(HS1st Yr)